Preserving your visual legacy
At My Beautiful Life Story, I preserve your visual legacy by Scanning Photos, Scanning Slides, Collecting the stories that accompany your images AND make sure those memories are available for generations.
Memories, like photos fade away & time is fleeting. Think of all the stories you wish you could hear one more time (See Durfee Family Service Station video here). You know, there will be many stories you wish you had written down.
Stories Fade Away
The MOST common statement I hear from clients is : “I wish I had asked/learned more about…. (Insert topic here______) from Dad, Mom, Auntie, Cousin, Grandmom, etc when they were around.”
I can relate. I scanned 75 photos from a shoebox that had been hidden under my Dad’s bed. Afterward, I spent months sleuthing the collectiong doing ‘photo forensics’. Imagine, ‘meeting relatives’ I had never known. I’ve spent the past two decades untangling the stories captured within photos I had never seen before I was handed that shoebox. As I learned more I realized how messy and unknown was much of my family’s personal history.
Preserve your visual HISTORY today!
I help you avoid that process by saying, yes, life is busy. But if preserving your family history stories and organizing your photos has been on your to-do list, there is no time like now to make it happen.
Family history savers love My Beautiful Life Story. They wax poetic with their testimonial’s, like this one from Homer Speer who was the keeper of his family history.
It’s a fact that memorabilia, slides and images incorrectly stored can become a real mess to salvage. Photo albums that aren’t archival can damage images. Storing photos near a heat source can make photos curl or become faded. Water or fire can make images unrecoverable. Your collection needs help!
My Beautiful Life Story preserves heirloom photo and provides advice about your collection. I am a personal historian and archivist who specializes in photo preservation. I am willing to travel worldwide to help families preserve their photo collections and stories.
Together, we’ll look at your photo albums, storage system and budget while sharing what you’d like to accomplish.
Want to be more organized and have your photos all in one place?
We’ll catalog your photos to make them easy to find. Photos can be assigned keywords with a digital filing system that is easy to understand and navigate.
This is intimate work I am honored to do. Together, we are gathering your personal history. The stories together with your images and creating a lasting photo legacy that is sure to make you say ” Yes! this is My Beautiful Life Story.”
- Scanning prints and slides
- Creating video slideshows , digital slideshows, including video stories including biographies.
- Personal history, memoir coaching and family history research
- Digitize your photo collection for downsizing
- Organizing digital images and videos
- Key wording, editing and photo restoration
- Organizing printed photos, slides and memorabilia
- Creating traditional or digital photo albums
- Converting out-dated media into viewable formats
- Creating one-of-a-kind photo gifts
Technology Support Services
I continue to offer personal assistant services including support for those who feel technology challenged. Technology support services include:
- Learning about your computer or phone, tablet
- Software to help you accomplish your goals
- Assistance uploading photos or stories to your family history program.
- Installing backup systems for your phone or computer in case of loss or damage.
- Technology tutoring: one on one
Are you ready to preserve your visual legacy?
A consultation is the first step in making your ideas a reality. We’ll review the scope of your project and select the services right for you.
Begin today~ Call for Free Consultation